Body Shame, Eating, and Self-Love: A New Year Diet Supplement
Online Video Conference Class
From 6:00pm until 7:30pm Timezone: Mountain Time (US & Canada) time
At Zoom Video Conference
David Bedrick / email@example.com
Body Shame, Eating, and Self-Love:
A New Year Diet Supplement
Neither shame nor self-criticism will lead to a lasting change in our weight, physical conditioning, or eating habits. Even if it works for a short while, we snap back to our old ways. What’s the magic ingredient? Self-love. But loving our bodies (as they are), loving our eating habits (as they are), loving ourselves (as we are) is no easy task. Yet that is where we must start!
This group is designed to foster in you the serious and powerful loving you need in order to make sustainable change. This is not a diet program; it is a supplement to any program you undertake to change your weight, body, or eating habits.
DATES: Tuesdays, 6:00-7:30 PM Mountain time; January 16 & 23; February 6, 13, & 20; March 6 & 13
COST: $285; or add on a private session with David for a total cost of $425
(Email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like to add on the private session and we will send you an invoice for the new amount + schedule you for the session)
STRUCTURE OF THE GROUP:
- Week 1: Developing a safe, shame free, environment as we begin to share our struggles.
- Week 2: Teaching: What is shame? Discussion: How can we resist shame? Exercise: Developing boundaries.
- Week 3: Teaching: Inner criticism. Discussion: What and how we criticize. Exercise: Standing up to inner criticism.
- Week 4: Teaching: The power behind our desire to eat. Discussion: Our stories, habits, and addictive tendencies. Exercise: Owning the power of our desires.
- Week 5: Teaching: What we’re hungry for. Discussion: The foods, flavors and satisfactions we long for. Exercise: The way life ought to ‘taste.’
- Week 6: Issues you bring forward. Discussion: Our struggles, unanswered questions, persistent difficulities. Exercise: Deep individual work.
- Week 7: Teaching: Commitments; making a closing. Discussion: How do you go forward? Fears, hopes, needs for support.
REGISTRATION: To register, complete the form below with your full name and email address and click the button. You will then be directed to PayPal to process your payment. You must make your payment by the end of the day January 15th to participate in the class. If you have any problems registering, email us at email@example.com.
SAFETY AND VULNERABILITY: Participating in a class like this can be scary for some. I understand that, which is why the first class will focus on our vulnerabilities and creating a safe, shame free, environment for us to go deeply into the learning. Participants of my classes always report being awed by the way I and others create such a loving and judgement-free space to grow in.