Breaking Shame’s Grip: The Practice of Radical Self Love
David Bedrick / email@example.com
Breaking Shame's Grip: The Practice of Radical Self Love
Shame is a master variable - that means that it not only makes us feel badly about ourselves, it also leads us to:
- Believe something is wrong with us;
- Try to fix ourselves, rather than heal ourselves;
- Dissociate from our deep body intelligence;
- Distrust our own experience;
- Repeat painful patterns;
- Hide our humanity and dim our light.
IN THIS WORKSHOP, YOU WILL LEARN THE 3 KEY WITNESSING SKILLS NEEDED TO BREAK SHAME'S GRIP AND BEGIN SEEING YOURSELF THROUGH LOVING EYES.
Those skills are:
1) Witnessing your authentic experience accurately and respectfully, instead of dismissing and minimizing;
2) Witnessing self-criticism fiercely and compassionately, instead of being defenseless and unfeeling;
3) Witnessing your truth and path faithfully, instead of not believing in yourself.
The class consists of inner-work, stories, demonstrations with participants, deep sharing, exercises, and the holding of each other in a sacred space.
DATES: Fridays; August 16th, 23rd, and 30th; 5 - 6:45pm Mountain Time
FORMAT: This is an online video conference. Each class will be 1 hr. 45 min.
REGISTRATION: To register, complete the form below with your full name and email address and click the button. You will then be directed to Paypal to process your payment. You must make your payment by the end of day Wednesday, August 14th to participate in the class. If you have any problems registering, email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY AND VULNERABILITY: I give a caring and ever present attention to making a safe, shame-free atmosphere so that vulnerabilities can be held and the learning can be deep and authentic. Participants always report being awed by the loving and judgment-free space we create together.